Friday, March 14, 2008

Okey Dokey Artichokey!







I love artichokes hearts more than any other vegetable.  They have antioxidants, they're good for your liver, and they're even supposed to lower cholesterol!  I could probably eat them unendingly with various preparations forever.  Did you know they can even be made into liquor??  Usually I just cook them up on high in a saucepan with some olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper, but today I decided to kick it up a notch!
I mainly followed the recipe on the can.  I minced a clove of garlic and heated it in about a half a tablespoon of butter on low heat so it wouldn't burn.  (I usually burn it, but no longer!)
Then I drained and quartered my can of artichoke hearts and sauteed them in my butter with some salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice, and a little bit of ground ginger.  Yummy!

To flesh out the meal, I assembled an English Muffin pizza with a bit of sauce, store-bought pepperoni, grated sharp cheddar, and a little oregano on top.  I baked it on 350 until the cheese was melty and the muffin was warmed through.  E voila!  Lunch!

No comments: