Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Breakfast!!

Breakfast is my favorite meal! Today I even ate it for dinner!! I love the simplicity of the ingredients and the creativity that can be applied. Here's a couple of breakfasts I have made recently...

Breakfast tacos! This can be done in any number of ways. This time I sauteed some onions and spinach and put them in warm tortillas topped with shredded mozzarella, scrambled eggs, and a little salsa. Delicious!

For dinner tonight I wanted to be sort of creative so I opted for a breakfast dinner. I made a big batch of Buttermilk Pancakes (the leftovers of which should last a few weeks) and Alton Brown's lemon curd to go on top.
The buttermilk pancakes were delicious and fluffy, though I would have liked a little bit more crispiness. I also didn't cook the lemon curd quite long enough so it didn't thicken up. It was still very tasty and I don't feel too bad since it was my first attempt at emulsifying anything. Maybe I'll try it again with the rest of my bag of lemons. Or maybe I'll move up to an aioli and make some bangin' sandwiches. We'll see....

No comments: